Code States’ scholarship program Women Career Change is designed to support women’s growth in the IT industry. To expand the program beyond Korea, Code States partnered with Simple Steps and launched the “Web Programing Pre-course” inviting students who are more comfortable with learning in Korean.
Who is taking this course?
- In accordance with Code States’ own selection process, candidates with clear purpose and goals have been chosen for the scholarship pre-course.
- Both experienced and inexperienced, all students aspiring to become a web developer are taking this course with the learning plans of 10+ hours per week.
What is special about Code States’ online boot camp?
- All lessons are conducted in Korean to ensure maximum learning efficiency for Korean-speaking students.
- Code States provides both full-time and part-time courses to its students. Since many Simple Steps community members have caregiving priorities, the scholarship pre-course is designed with flexible part-time lessons and assignments.
- With the extensive training on self-regulated problem-solving methods, students cultivate strong research and critical thinking skills to contribute to a team as a developer.
- The official YouTube live channel provides the very latest news and updates via Q&A, Demo Day, and user review videos. The Pair Programming allows students to collaborate, solve problems, and grow together.
- As a prospective developer, students can fully explore and strengthen their area of specialty before finding employment through Code States’ job support program.
What are the benefits of studying with Simple Steps?
- Extra support: In addition to the help desk run by Code States’ seasoned engineers, students participate in Simple Steps’ Slack channel 24/7 for any questions or concerns with the coursemates.
- Online study room: Daily online study sessions are available to encourage the students to study either jointly or individually. Studying online doesn’t have to be a lonely experience. Simple Steps coursemates provide ample emotional support to each other.
- Weekly Q&A: Students take turns on Wednesday nights to share their tips, insights, or any difficulties they have had in the program.
- Students who complete the pre-course and pass the final test have the option to join Code State’s immersive course. The immersive course provides intensive lessons to become a full-stack engineer upon completion.
- Students will be able to develop basic web apps and ready to embark on a new journey as a professional web developer.
Upon completion of the pre-course, students will be able to:
- develop a simple weather forecast app
- develop a simple input/output app (e.g. journaling app)
- develop a POS app for taking orders and calculating the totals
- understand the overall front-end technologies needed for web app development