A: I founded Simple Steps in 2017 in the San Francisco Bay area with the mission to empower immigrant women by helping them improve their self-esteem and rebuild their careers after a hiatus. To achieve our mission, Simple Steps has been developing a collaborative community of participants and mentors as well as organizing and hosting informative events and meet-ups. We aim to build a stronger and more engaged community for immigrant women pursuing their career aspirations.
Returning to the workforce is a difficult task for anyone after a career break, but it especially poses a challenge for immigrant women, who have language barriers, cultural differences, a lack of professional networking, and an insufficient support system.
Visit this site for the full interview, and find out more about Simple Steps’ founder!
2nd Exhibition at the Consulate General of the Republic of Korea
Simple Steps hosted our second exhibition at the Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in San Francisco between 5/17 – 5/31. 16 artist moms participated in the exhibition.
Interested in the exhibition but didn’t get a chance to go? Click here for photos of the event!
Simple Steps will organize a surprise meeting in Seoul in July. If you are planning to visit Seoul during the summer, stay tuned for more information.
Simple Steps is planning to host a seminar on Women’s Career Advancement at Google’s Community Space in September. More details are coming soon.
Simple Steps is looking for a part-time social media marketing manager. If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Events Hosted by Simple Steps
Mom’s Resume Workshop (RSVP required)
– When: Sat, 6/9/18, 1:30-3:00PM
– Where: QUESTABOX (4585 Stevens Creek Blvd #201, Santa Clara, CA 95051)
– About the speaker: Bokyung Kim founded Studio B for Little Minds in 2017 to help moms play well with their children. She has two kids and holds a PhD degree in psychology from Stanford University.
– Interested? Click here to RSVP!
Free Video Coaching Sessions at Nxt Chptr
Coaching sessions offered:
1. Closing the Confidence Gap
2. How do I Get from Here to There?
3. Three Common Mistakes Working Moms Male
4. Myer Briggs Assessment & Discussion with Patrice Perillo
5. HBDI Assessment & Discussion with Ann Mehl
6. NLP Communication, Personality and Learning Styles Assessment & Discussion with Patrice Perillo